September is here and also the time for something warm…and healthy. I haven’t eaten broccoli and cauliflower in a while and I missed the smell of roasted veggies in the oven…specially in a rainy day.
This salad takes a little more time than usual, but it’s easy and all worth it in the end.
Let’s start Autumn with a delicious veggie recipe and create a trend in eating good ingredients for our heart and body.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium stalk broccoli, cut into florets
- 50 gr goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- pine nuts
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven at 190-200 °C.
2. Put the florets of cauliflower and broccoli into a baking dish.
3. Toss the olive oil all over the veggies.
4. Sprinkle with salt and mix the vegetables.
5. Cover the tray with aluminium foil and put the tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, remove the cover, stir the veggies and leave it for another 25-30 minutes.
7. Leave it in the oven till the veggies have a nicely browned colour and take the try out.
8. Cut the cheese into small peaces.
9. Take a bowl and put as many florets of broccoli and cauliflower as you wish, add the cheese, the pine nuts, sesame, a little extra olive oil and only a little vinegar.
10. Mix all together and enjoy your meal.
Have a lovely day…and see you next week with a special travel post.