If you aren’t bored…here you have another hummus recipe. I guess the recipes that start from the classic hummus are endless. Today I prepared a Pesto Hummus dip that is perfect as a snack between meals or as a light dinner. This type of healthy bite is so good also for this time of year, when we gather with friends and family around the Christmas tree and we need to make something fast and tasty. Well…hummus is always a most welcomed dish and I am sure that everybody agrees.
It goes just perfectly with the Chia seed crackers I just made the other days. What a combination…to eat, eat and again eat
Ingredients for 2 portions
200g canned chickpeas (keep the liquid because we will use it later)
1 1/2 tablespoons already made pesto (I used organic pesto)
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini (I also used organic already made tahini)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
around 4-5 liquid from the canned chickpeas
pinch of salt
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor.
2. Add tahini, pesto, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, lemon juice and the reserved liquid from the chickpeas.
3. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
4. When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish. Add some more liquid from chickpeas if the mixture is not smooth enough.
5. Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and you are ready.
Who doesn’t love to travel, especially in the summer time…And what place could be more appropriate than old beautiful Europe. So much history, beautiful places, old cities, museums, see, mountains, good food, shops and good weather Continue reading →
This summer, I discovered a small part of Portugal and I promised myself to return next year. Wonderful landscape, beaches, ocean, restaurants, food and people. I visited Albufeira, in Algarve and had a 6 hours boat trip to see the famous caves…What a beauty! Beautiful clear blue water and small cozy beaches, where you can go only with a small boat. I saw Cathedral Cave, one of the must seen things in this world. It took my breathe away, even if we couldn’t spend more time there and our boat only entered a little in the cave…Nature can make wonders for sure! I strongly recommend this boat trip because it’s all worth it. We also had a barbecue with fresh fish and salad…What a perfect day! Continue reading →