If you aren’t bored…here you have another hummus recipe. I guess the recipes that start from the classic hummus are endless. Today I prepared a Pesto Hummus dip that is perfect as a snack between meals or as a light dinner. This type of healthy bite is so good also for this time of year, when we gather with friends and family around the Christmas tree and we need to make something fast and tasty. Well…hummus is always a most welcomed dish and I am sure that everybody agrees.
It goes just perfectly with the Chia seed crackers I just made the other days. What a combination…to eat, eat and again eat
Ingredients for 2 portions
- 200g canned chickpeas (keep the liquid because we will use it later)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons already made pesto (I used organic pesto)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini (I also used organic already made tahini)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- around 4-5 liquid from the canned chickpeas
- pinch of salt
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor.
2. Add tahini, pesto, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, lemon juice and the reserved liquid from the chickpeas.
3. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
4. When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish. Add some more liquid from chickpeas if the mixture is not smooth enough.
5. Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and you are ready.
My lovely Muse wishes Bon Appetit
XOXO lovely friends