You can call me ”The Girl Salad”! I just can’t get enough of salads…Maybe I will be back with a 365 salads theme…one for each day of the year! I am sure it will be interesting, as I eat it almost every day and in any combinations possible…Veggie and with cheese, of course Sometimes I put salmon or tuna, but I really love the ones with cheese. Any kind! Me + cheese = Love And if you add also fresh baked bread or brezen..I am yours forever!
Because of that above mentioned, I have to lose some weight :(…and I am back on business with veggie stuff!
Today I decided to make a protein salad, as everybody knows that lentil and bean are strong sources of protein. I like to use clean and simple ingredients, and not so many, in order to maintain the savour and basic taste. I also don’t use any dressing. I just put some olive oil and lemon. Keep it like this and you will have the best original taste!
This salad is very simple, easy and fast to prepare. You will just love it, ones you will make it. Not to say how nourishing it is! It’s perfect for a long and busy day. Take a close look
Ingredients for one person
- 1/2 cup of red lentil (you can use any type of lentil you like)
- almost 1 cup of kidney bean already boiled; I used a can with already boiled kidney bean in chili sauce
- 1 baby cucumber
- 80-100 gr of feta cheese or any type you have
- 1/2 from a bell red pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Boil the red lentil for about 11 min and than drain it in a strainer.
2. Take a bowl and put all the ingredients together.
3. Add salt and a little olive oil.
4. Mix it slowly and this is it! You can also add parsley or dill!
While I was preparing the salad and taking the photos, I had a close supervisor…My lovely Musette! She was like: ”are you done yet? So much trouble for a simple salad”
I hope that I convinced you to try this easy and yummy salad…and also to have a cat, if you are not yet the lucky owner of one!
Guten Appetit my lovely friends!