How I love sunny weekends…Lovely Spring is here and I am ready for it The most beautiful season of all, when everything is back to life. All is green, birds singing, warm weather and healthy vegetables everywhere. You just don’t know what to buy, because they all look so good, fresh and healthy…And if you add also a little bit of cheese, you just end up with the perfect meal…breakfast, lunch or dinner…So many possibilities!
In my opinion, clean, easy and quick recipes are the most healthy and delicious, because you can actually feel the taste of each ingredient and it’s all about this!
My morning weekends involve, without exception, an omelette. I believe it fits so well in our programme, as in weekends, we leave in the morning and come back late in the afternoon. We stay as much as possible outside, enjoying beautiful parks, trip to Zoo, a nice bike ride or just walking in the city centre.
Ingredients for one omelette
- 2 organic eggs
- 4 medium brown mushrooms (you can use any type of mushrooms you like)
- 1/2 green chilli pepper and 1/2 red chilli pepper
- approximative 80g of feta cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of organic olive oil
1. Cut the mushrooms and chilli peppers into pieces.
2. Put the eggs in a bowl and beat it hard with a fork. Add salt and pepper.
3. Put a medium frying pan on medium heat, to get warm, and then put the olive oil to be heated.
4. After the olive oil is well heated, put the vegetables and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the beaten eggs in the pan and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
6. When the eggs are beginning to cook, sprinkle over the feta cheese.
7. With a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette and turn it upside down, to cook it also on the other part.
8. When it becomes golden brown, take the pan from the heat and put the omelette on a plate, again upside down, in order to be in the initial form as it was at the beginning in the pan.
This is it! You can make this very easy, fast and it will be delicious.
Enjoy a good food, a nice sunny day and life in general! Lovely weekend my friends!