I declare myself hummus addicted, as I could eat this every single day…in all the combinations and with anything…Crazy, right? When I saw the movie You don’t mess with the Zohan, (I am sure you know it…and if you don’t, go and see it) I laughed on and on…but not so fast…I am becoming Zohan :))
Even if this is one of my favourite meal, I never tried to make it at home. Back in Romania, I always used to go with my friends to good lebanese restaurants and eat their wonderful foods, so there was no need to make it at home. What could be more nice than chatting with dear people and eat something delicious and healthy?…Nothing…let me tell you that!
Now, that I live in Munich, Germany, I miss this a lot…and related to food, I decided to start from somewhere and prepare a homemade hummus recipe.
I have made the simplest ever hummus recipe, from one of my favourite chefs, Jamie Oliver. I always admired his way of cooking, using simple and natural ingredients all the time.
My food processor was not so good…but, it tastes just wonderful and it’s all worth it Veggie, healthy and tasty!
For beginners only
Ingredients for 2-3 portions
- 200g canned chickpeas (reserve the liquid and a few chickpeas for decoration if you want)
- 2 teaspoons tahini (I used organic one)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Paprika (I used original hungarian paprika, but this is optional)
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor.
2. Add the tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and seven-8 tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the can.
3. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
4. When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish.
5. Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and decorate with a few whole chickpeas if you want. Sprinkle with paprika and you are ready.
XOXO lovely friends