Lovely day my friends. I had some healthy and yummy inspiration for breakfast this weekend and I thought I might share it with you. I love Sunday mornings more than anything and I am sure you feel the same. Instead of making the classic omelette with vegetables, just pour the egg mixture in muffins forms and in 10 minutes you will eat a funny and veggie breakfast: egg muffins.
Ingredients for 7 muffins (2 persons)
- 3 medium size eggs
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 50gr sheep cheese, cut in pieces
- one tablespoon of pitted and cut in pieces green olives
- one tablespoon cut in pieces avocado
- condiments: pepper, chilli flakes, greek condiments for omelette or anything you like to put
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C
2. Break the eggs and stir it very well in a bowl.
3. Add almost all the ingredients (you can leave some red pepper and avocado to put on top of the ”muffin” before putting the tray in the oven)
4. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and condiments and mix again very well.
5. Take the muffin tray and put some olive oil in each of the 7 muffin shapes (on the walls of the space also).
6. With the help of a ladle, pour the egg mixture in the muffin shapes, but fill only 1/2 of the shape. Put on top the rest of the ingredients you have kept away.
7. Put the tray in the oven and let it bake for 9-10 minutes, until the egg muffins have a gold look.
Your wonderful egg muffins for breakfast are ready to be eaten. Enjoy it and let me know how you improved the recipe. There are always so many possibilities
To be served with love and your loved ones…
And after that I suggest a butter croissant and a good and generous cup of coffee. This is a way to start a Sunday morning!
Enjoy your beautiful moments, lovely friends.