Long time no see :)…But I hope you did not forget me and you will like this recipe. It is simple, as all the stuff I make here These are for hungry people that want something fast and healthy…and that doesn’t add weight to their figure.
I must say it again…I love good bread very much…but I try to eat it only from time to time :(( I know…sounds sad. Because of this, I try to find alternatives and replace the good puffy bread into something healthier and less ”dangerous” for our body. In my quest, I found out an interesting and very energising recipe for crackers, that it’s unbelievable simple to make.
The Chia Seed Crackers just go perfectly with my passion for hummus. Clean ”bread”, vegan and gluten-free…What more can you wish? You can eat it as a snack, at work, when you travel or just in combination with any dip you like. These healthy crackers are a boost of energy because of all the seeds and can be also a good choice for your child.
I hope you like it! Enjoy the simplicity…Less is always more!
Ingredients for a tray
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 sesame seeds
- 1/2 sunflower seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
1. Preheat the oven at 165 °C.
2. Take a bowl and put all the seeds together and mix well.
3. Gently grate the garlic clove, or just used a garlic press.
4. Put the grated garlic in the water, together with a pitch of salt.
5. Add this liquid in the bowl with seeds and mix all very well.
6. Take a baking tray, put baking paper and spread the mixture with the back of a spoon, until it’s about 1/4 thick.
7. Bake the mixture for 30 minutes.
8. Take it out from the oven and cut it (with a knife) into medium squares (crackers).
9. Put it back in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes, until they have a lightly golden color. Let it cool completely in the tray.
Everything is ready and now you can enjoy the wonderful taste of this vegan crackers.
Me and my lovely Muse wish you Happy Holidays and may you have a wonderful time in this last December days.
XOXO lovely friends