I just love muffins…Many years ago, I ate my first real chocolate muffin in London…My God! I fell in love with this yummy bites and I like to try different types each time. There are so many…and you can never be too inventive for this. I can not say I am an expert in baking it…but I am sure a fine expert in tasting :)…and I always like to be updated with new and interesting ideas and especially to combine my favourite ingredients.
This time, I dared to prepare muffins with Poppy seeds, as I really like this ingredient and I think it gives a new perspective on cooking. I mostly used organic ingredients.
I am sure you will like it too, as there are so easy and quick to make it…And the taste is worth it!
Those muffins are delicious and the flavour of poppy seeds is amazing!
Ingredients for aproximative 18 muffins
- 1 and 1/4 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 pack (stick) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
2. Take a small bowl and put together the wholemeal flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds and the lemon zest. Stir it all and put it aside for the moment.
3. In a larger bowl, with the help of an electric mixer, mix the butter on a medium speed until has a smooth appearance, then slowly add the sugar bit by bit and mix it together until the sugar is almost melted.
4. Add the eggs and mix again very well the composition, to have a homogeny mixture.
5. Start adding the flour mixture from the first bowl and also milk bit by bit. The mixer should be on a slowly speed, in order to be able to mix it all together very well and until incorporated.
6. Put the muffins paper in the muffin baking tray and fill it 3/4 with the composition just mixed. We need some free space as they will be bigger in the end.
7. Put the baking tray in the oven and let it for about 40-45 minutes. You can check if they are done, with a toothpick. Just stick it in the muffin and if the toothpick is clean and dry, they are done. If the toothpick is still wet, leave it for another 3-5 minutes. Be careful to check it, not to be over baked!
8. Transfer the muffins on a plate to cool and this all!
Enjoy an exquisite and tasty muffin! Have a wonderful weekend lovely friends