After a long break, I am back here, where I belong I was trying to find my way into life and still am…After a certain age, it’s not so easy to figure out what you want to do, how and what is the purpose of everything that happens around us. I still don’t have the answers, but let’s say that I am getting closer.
It seems that my love for chickpeas and of course, hummus, has reached a new level: chickpea crackers, vegan and gluten-free. Maybe it is madness, or just a way of eating hummus in another way :)))…but let me tell you that this crackers are a brilliant idea. They are the perfect healthy snack alternative, easy to be taken to school or job. Not to mention that they nourishing and way too good. I made it with sesame and greek spices, but you can put whatever crosses your mind…The sky is the limit, as chickpeas go with everything. Continue reading
Lovely day my friends. I had some healthy and yummy inspiration for breakfast this weekend and I thought I might share it with you. I love Sunday mornings more than anything and I am sure you feel the same. Instead of making the classic omelette with vegetables, just pour the egg mixture in muffins forms and in 10 minutes you will eat a funny and veggie breakfast: egg muffins. Continue reading
Nice to write again here, dear lovely friends. It’s been a while since my last post I have been thinking a lot during this time and I am finally on my way to give a certain direction to lovelymuse, one that is more clear and definitely represents me and my lifestyle. At the beginning I wanted to write about everything I enjoy in life: travels, food, fashion and my beautiful Muse. Continue reading
If you aren’t bored…here you have another hummus recipe. I guess the recipes that start from the classic hummus are endless. Today I prepared a Pesto Hummus dip that is perfect as a snack between meals or as a light dinner. This type of healthy bite is so good also for this time of year, when we gather with friends and family around the Christmas tree and we need to make something fast and tasty. Well…hummus is always a most welcomed dish and I am sure that everybody agrees.
It goes just perfectly with the Chia seed crackers I just made the other days. What a combination…to eat, eat and again eat
Ingredients for 2 portions
- 200g canned chickpeas (keep the liquid because we will use it later)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons already made pesto (I used organic pesto)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini (I also used organic already made tahini)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- around 4-5 liquid from the canned chickpeas
- pinch of salt
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor.
2. Add tahini, pesto, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, lemon juice and the reserved liquid from the chickpeas.
3. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
4. When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish. Add some more liquid from chickpeas if the mixture is not smooth enough.
5. Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and you are ready.
My lovely Muse wishes Bon Appetit
XOXO lovely friends
Long time no see :)…But I hope you did not forget me and you will like this recipe. It is simple, as all the stuff I make here These are for hungry people that want something fast and healthy…and that doesn’t add weight to their figure. Continue reading